Monday, September 26, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like...Fall!

Since it seems everyone is extra excited for fall this year, I baked up some gf df PUMPKIN BREAD this weekend...
The recipe comes from Pamela's Gluten Free Products. My lovely sister got me a giant bag of Pamela's baking and pancake mix so I've been inspired to up the baking in my house. On the back of the bag there are a ton of recipes and you can also find them on their website

Here we go: 


ingredients: 
4 tablespoons butter, melted (I used earth balance, dairy free)
1/2 cup sugar (substitute agave nectar)
2 large eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin
1-1/3 Pamela's Baking and Pancake Mix
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamom
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 cloves

topping (optional):
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup nuts (I used almonds, you could do pecans or walnuts too)

directions: 

Beat together butter, sugar, egg, and pumpkin. Add remaining bread ingredients and mix together. Pour into a greased loaf pan (8x4). Mix nut topping ingredients and smooth evenly over batter to the edges. Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or when toothpick inserted comes out almost clean.



So the reason mine does not look like beautiful sliced bread is because no matter how long I cooked it, the bread still had a very doughy texture. I assumed it was because of the agave nectar, but as I retype this recipe I realize you are only supposed to use one cup of pumpkin, not the entire can! genius over here...anyways I sliced it up and toasted it in the oven for a little while, then cubed it and served it with sea salt carmel gelato. No this stuff is not dairy or sugar free, but it's amazing and I had dinner guests! 
btw, they give this recipe a 10 out of 10!

...seriously this stuff is AMAZING.





Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment