Wednesday, November 9, 2011

...because rules were made to be broken!

So as I've mentioned before, I try to stick to foods with 10 grams of sugar or less. This means I try not to eat fruit, candy, cookies, ice cream...anything fun. So last Saturday evening as I'm wandering the aisles of Whole Foods, stop in the frozen section and gaze longingly at all the delightful looking ice cream and ponder...to buy or not to buy? After some serious thought, I look down in my cart and see I already have fresh mozzarella and a gluten filled baguette (caprese, my weakness), so I decide if I'm gonna do something wrong, I might as well do it REALLY wrong. 

Of course I sat there and read all the labels (about 4 employees ask if I need help, no I don't need help picking out ice cream, but I do need help getting F word out of this store!)...20 minutes later, I've made my choice and I really don't feel that bad about it! 
Check out this little gemstone: 

beautiful right? LaLoo's Mexican Caramel and Texas Toffee goat's milk frozen yogurt. It's all natural, lactose free, and contains live probiotic cultures. It's made from 100% goats milk; Sonoma goats = local :) Goat's milk is naturally lactose free and has tons of health benefits (listed on their website).

 It's a little pricey, about $6-7 for a pint, but from what I've read this is a really great company. LaLoo's is a certified "B Corporation" which means they believe in use the power of business to solve social and environmental problems. 
B Corporations are unlike traditional businesses because they: 
Meet social and environmental performance standards
* Institutionalize stakeholder interests
* Build collective voice with unifying brand

I have no problem shelling out the cash when it's awesome supporting companies like this! go LaLoo's!

I don't eat ice cream very often so when I do, it better be good. This flavor was absolutely amazing and goes really well with gluten free chocolate cookies, just guessing, hehe (recipe to come!) It has 21 grams of sugar and is definitely worth bending the rules for!





Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment